Search The Blog

Wednesday 18 March 2015

tarte Amazonian clay full coverage foundation review


I've used Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation for years and I'm always on the lookout for other full coverage foundations that are also really long wearing. I saw the Tarte amazonian clay full coverage foundation on the Sephora website and decided to pick some up on my recent trip to Florida. I may be wrong but I don't think it's available in stores here in the UK but Sephora definitely ship to the UK now. The foundation is formulated with Amazonian clay, without chemicals or oil and also has SPF 15





They have a really good range of shades which is great as I always struggle to find foundation that suits my yellow toned skin but the shade
'light sand' looked perfect. When you first squeeze the foundation out of the tube it has a really mousse-like texture which is so different to my usual foundation which has a very liquid texture





I like that the product is in a squeeze tube so it's nice and easy to dispense the correct amount without making a mess. Squeeze tubes never say 'high end' to me but the cute wooden cap adds interest to the packaging and a more high end feel.

I was worried at first that it might look too powdery or dry due to the thick texture but it blends really well and sets to a matte finish right away. I used my sigma F80 brush to apply it which worked really well. It may look too dark against my super pale skin on my arm but It's definitely the right shade for my face :)



I did feel like I had to use quite a lot of product to cover my whole face but maybe it just looked like a lot with it being thick rather than liquid. You actually get a lot of product with it being a 50ml tube rather than the average 30ml. At $38 which is around the same cost as similar high end foundations it's good value when you consider how much more product you get.

I don't find that it wears quite as long as my Estee Lauder double wear but I like that the finish is a little more natural while still providing full coverage. Tarte claim that the foundation will last 12 hours which I agree that it does. My oily skin does shine through a little by the end of the day but I'm happy for that to be the trade off for having a more natural look. It's been bugging me lately that my double wear looks way too 'painted on' so the Tarte foundation has been working really well for me. Bear in mind that I have very oily skin so if your skin is normal to dry or just a little oily then you probably won't even notice.

I'd definitely recommend this for anyone who likes or needs full coverage and is looking for something that lasts all day but without the 'over done' look.

The foundation costs $38 and you can check it out here at Sephora or here on the Tarte website.

No comments:

Post a Comment