Search The Blog

Sunday 1 February 2015

Sigma dry n shape review - show your brushes some love!


I'm ashamed to say that I'm one of those people who doesn't wash their makeup brushes enough. I use a brush sanitizer spray to keep them free of bacteria but I don't give them a full wash as often as I should.

It may be partly down to laziness but as I use them every day I actually find it difficult being able to wash and dry them before I need to use them again. I discovered the sigma dry n shape online quite some time ago but it's one of those items I never got around to buying so I was thrilled when my mum bought it for me for my birthday







Sigma claim that your brushes will be dry within 6 hours so you could wash them in the evening and they should definitely be dry and ready to use in the morning which is exactly what I need.

There are several different sized elastic loops and the instructions say to put each brush in the smallest loop it will fit into so it is as tight a fit as possible. The only thing I was slightly disappointed with is the lack of small loops. I have many more small brushes than large ones but as they dry so quickly you can wash a few each time so it's not a big deal






Once the brushes are in you can stand the dry n shape upside down and just leave them to dry. I was amazed at how quickly the brushes were dry and I was especially surprised at my bigger brushes such as the Sigma F80 foundation brush which is very dense. Another problem I used to have was the fibres of my blending brushes sticking out after they had been washed and dried but this time they were re shaped perfectly.

The dry n shape folds away neatly when not in use so it's very easy to take with you when you travel and doesn't take up much room. I absolutely love this and will definitely wash my brushes more regularly now I have it. The Sigma dry n shape costs $32 and you can check it out on Sigma's website here. They ship internationally but check out their website to make sure they ship to your location.


No comments:

Post a Comment