Search The Blog

Thursday 12 February 2015

Favourite drugstore matte lip products


Hey everyone,

I've definitely needed to cheer things up with a bit of colour lately as the weather here in England is cold, dark and miserable. I tend to wear much bolder, brighter colours in the winter to brighten things up a bit so I thought I'd share my current faves


Revlon colorburst matte balm in Sultry





This is one of my most recent purchases. It isn't as bright as my other lip products I've been using lately but it's a great winter shade as it's a kind of matte berry colour but a light berry so it's not too harsh against my pale skin. I'm a huge fan of the Revlon matte balms which brings me to my next favourite…



Revlon colorburst matte balm in Audacious 




This was a favourite for me last summer and I've worn it right the way through to winter too. It really is a bright orange so it cheers up my dull winter skin really well. The formula of the Revlon matte balm is great. Really easy to apply and they don't dry your lips out like some matte lip products can.



Bourjois rouge edition velvet in hot pepper




I love a bright red lip at any time of year but this has been my favourite recently. This has a lip gloss style applicator which I find a little trickier to apply than a chunky crayon type product but I still really like it. I just find it takes longer to apply so I don't tend to reach for it when I'm in a rush. This is an orangey red rather than a true bright red. You can check it out here



Bourjois rouge edition velvet in ole flamingo



Ole Flamingo is my other favourite shade from this range. It's a bright pink but has a slightly darker tone so it's perfect for winter. This may sound crazy but I find it slightly easier to apply than the hot pepper shade which makes no sense as it's the same formula but I honestly do find it easier for some reason. These are quite creamy when you apply them and then they set to a matte finish. They're super long lasting too. 



What are your current favourite lip products? Let me know in the comments below


No comments:

Post a Comment