Search The Blog

Thursday 19 June 2014

Smashbox fade to black eyeshadow pallete review


I decided recently that I definitely need to try some new eyeshadow palletes. I reach for my Mac shadows almost every day and I love them so much that I'd never try anything else unless I forced myself!

I spotted this pallete from Smashbox called fade to black and it had 50% off so I got it for £16 rather than £32. Obviously it was a great deal but I still found it hard to part with the £16 when I know I have my beloved Mac shadows at home :)




I love the
packaging, it definitely feels like a high end product and I hate those little sponge tip applicators that come in most palletes so I was pleased to see a proper brush in there




The shadows include some matte and some shimmer and they go from very pale nude shades to a dark black. The shades don't have names and are numbered 1-7 with 1 being the lightest






The first time I tried this pallete I was slightly alarmed at how powdery the shadows are. As soon as you put your brush to the shadows you get a lot of powder going everywhere which is so different to Mac shadows where you hardly get any. I think you need to be careful not to jab your brush into the shadow with too much enthusiasm and then you'll be fine. You get plenty of product on the brush by just touching it lightly to the shadow. The pigmentation is great and I didn't notice any fall out or anything when I was applying it. Just make sure you tap any excess off the brush first.

I really like the number five shade and number six reminds me of one of my favourite Mac shades called shadowy lady. I do like this pallet and I love the size which is great for travel but I'm not sure I would want to pay the full £32 price tag for this. The Urban Decay naked palletes are £37 and you get twelve shadows so I think £32 is kind of expensive for seven shadows but I'm glad I've started my new pallete collection with this one.

Let me know if you've tried this and what you think of it and let me know which are your favourite eyeshadow palletes in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment