Search The Blog

Tuesday 25 March 2014

New Tanya Burr lips and nails review



Hey Everyone,

I was super excited to receive a package I ordered from Superdrug of some products from the new Tanya Burr range. I love Tanya's you tube channel and blog so I couldn't wait to try her new lipglosses and nail polish.

I went to my local Superdrug to see if they had the products in stock but when I asked they said the range will only be available online and not in any of the stores. I was certain I'd heard that selected stores would be stocking it but it's easy to buy online and arrived fairly quickly.

I always wear bright lip colours so I chose an orange shade, a pink and a red. When they arrived they all looked quite similar in the packaging but as you'll see they look different when you apply them. I also got a nail polish but only one as my nails are pretty rubbish so I don't paint them very often. I chose 'bright and early' which is a peachy coral shade. I really love the names of all the products. Tanya explained in one of her videos that she named them after all her favorite things. I think I'll have to get the nail polish called mischief managed just because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan :)




The first thing I noticed when I applied the gloss is
the applicator. It looked similar to a standard lipgloss applicator but it's actually a slightly different shape and the tip is very flexible which made the gloss really easy to apply




All the glosses have a strawberry type scent. I'm not always a fan of scented makeup products but it's a nice scent and not too strong. These are the shades I chose




I rarely wear lipgloss on its own, usually I put lipstick or lipliner underneath but I used these on their own to test them properly. All three were super pigmented so you don't need to wear anything under them. They didn't feel sticky or heavy and were really comfortable to wear. I don't own many lipglosses, I nearly always go for lipsticks, stains or lip crayon type products but I really like these a lot. I love the colours, especially Vampire Kiss and Lets travel the world. I also feel like the colour lasted longer on my lips than other glosses I've tried.

I really love the colour of the nail polish 'bright and early'. It's a great colour for Spring and Summer and I found it really nice to apply with no streaky effect which can sometimes happen with nail polish. I've been wearing it for a couple of days and haven't had any chipping or anything yet. The other thing I noticed was that it dried super quickly and I only needed one coat so if you always find you're in a rush and don't have time to paint your nails this would be perfect. I have taken a picture but my nails really are crappy so I apologise




At £6.99 each for the lip glosses and £5.99 for the nail polish these are a really great price and I'll definitely be purchasing more shades of the glosses. They are available to purchase from Superdrug online http://www.superdrug.com/a-z-brands/tanya-burr/icat/tanyaburr and also at feel unique http://www.feelunique.com/brands/tanya-burr

Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of Tanya's products yet and what your favourite shades are

Bye for now



No comments:

Post a Comment