Search The Blog

Sunday 9 March 2014

My top 10 Mac eyeshadows

It's no secret that I LOVE my Mac eyeshadows. I reach for them on a daily basis more than any of my other shadows or pallets and they are so long lasting and easy to blend. At £10 each for the refill pans they are a little expensive and it's taken me a while to build up my collection. I often ask for Debenhams vouchers for my birthday and Christmas and use them to get a few new ones. I bought the 15 pan empty pallet and I also have a couple of the 4 pan pallets that I use for travelling




Anyway, onto
my favourites in no particular order. First up is my favourite highlight colour





Vanilla is a velvet finish shadow and is a cream/ivory colour with very slight reflective flecks although it doesn't look shimmery when it's on. It's great as a highlight or a base colour.




 


Satin taupe is a frost finish taupe colour with a silvery shimmer and is one of Mac's bestsellers.It's a great crease colour and blends easily with lots of different colours to create different looks.






Handwritten is a matte finish which is my favourite finish they have. It's a very pigmented dark brown and looks great in the crease in a smokey look.






This a dusky blue peacock shade in a matte finish. It's a really beautiful, unusual colour and is very pigmented. The picture doesn't do it justice, it looks more blue in reality.








Trax is a really unusual purple shade with a gold shimmer. It's a velvet finish and works really well with my next favorite shade








This is my absolute favourite shade by Mac. It works really well with purple and brown shades and it will even work with a silver/grey look. It's a matte shade described as blackened plum and I think that's why it goes well with so many different looks as it's very dark and blends really well.







Nylon is a super shimmery shade and I would describe it as a buttery, pale gold colour. It's a frost finish and is great for using as a highlight for a shimmery look and for brightening up the inner corner of your eye.







I use Patina as a base all over the lid and it goes really well with handwritten. It's a taupe brown with a golden pearl and its a frost finish. I love it so much that I used it on my wedding day :)








This is a great colour for blending out a harsh edge on a brown or gold look. Its a soft gold peach colour and is described as a matte finish although I think its more of a frost finish.








Carbon is a very pigmented matte black and it's great for using as a liner, on the lower lashline and with a dramatic smokey eye look.


So those are my current favourites although it changes quite often. One thing to bear in mind when buying Mac shadows is to try and look at them in a store rather than online. The colours shown on their website look so different to the real thing that I sometimes can't believe its supposed to be the same shade! Patina is a good example, if you look at it on the website it looks like a really dark brown but its actually a very pale gold! They also look very different in the pan than they do on your eye so make sure you swatch them before buying or look on google images for swatches of the shades you're interested in.

What are your favourite Mac eyeshadow shades? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment